Saturday 17 March 2012

Sun and showers

I reached Mynydd Mawr this sunny morning to see an ominous looking lump of cloud way out to the SW and thought I'd be quick enough to dodge it as I wandered up to the old coastguard lookout, around the hilltop (which was quiet apart from small numbers of singing and passage Meadow Pipits), down and back to the car. Unfortunately I got my local weather forecast wrong and got rather moist, albeit while admiring the super Black Redstart which was still down near St Mary's Well.

A group of three diver sp heading north were at the same altitude as the Great Northerns which we get every October coasting south high over the lookout, but I could not be certain of species on the brief, distant, back end views alone. Eleven Choughs wheeled around Mynydd Gwyddel while a group of seven Raven came in off the sea from the direction of Ynys Enlli. A couple of Siskin and a lone Goldfinch were calling overhead while a few LBB Gulls were also on the move north.

With the showers clearing I had a wander down Porth Meudwy to find it remarkably quiet - notable birds being nine Chiffchaff and a flyover Peregrine.

No comments:

Post a Comment